Wednesday, September 10, 2008

At Zero


Consumers,
I'm kind of running myself a bit ragged these days...such I suppose is the life of a freelancer. I miss my dieter musings, so bear with me.
Zero + Maria Cornejo on Monday was a great show! If you don't read fashionindie, I am posting my review of it here.

The Maria Cornejo client is probably celebrating the designer's 10th
anniversary just as much as the designer herself- a loyal following that
showed their support for the designer at yesterday's show, many wrapped in
the brilliant cobalt blues of her Spring 2008 collection and in her
signature cinched neck dresses.
The show was a homage to her 10 years of exploring the draping, shaping and
wrapping that makes up her recognizable style. It's a particular taste, one
perhaps more suitable for a downtown gallerist if you really want to wear
the line head to toe.
Cornejo introduced a few menswear items into the mix, those parkas just as
suitable for the waify cropped haired ladies gliding down the runway-
further perpetuating her playful toeing of the androgyny line.
Most remarkable and wishlist worthy: a blue silk knee length dress, the
material a perfect choice to keep the wearer from being, um, worn and a
beige hooded trench with triangle "lapels."
Was also oogling the shoes as Maria teamed up for a third time with footwear
designer Eileen Shields. I'll be damned if I don't get me a pair of those
leather sock/sandals next spring. Another beautiful collaboration from the
duo that included a blocked heel, toeless ankle-boot and a snakey flat
sandal (that design echoed in the statement necklaces that adorned many of
the model's necks).
All that geometry might make some creative types glaze over a bit, but you
certainly can't undermine the excitement of seeing it so passionately on
display.

No comments: