Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Convention


I'm not going to get political here (yet) but at some point yesterday it was remarked that fashion week is like a convention- everyone kind of running into each other over and over throughout the day, generally eating at the same downtown locales and likely having drinks late night amongst the same company.

It's not such a crazy time for me, as I'm not an editor scooting around from show to show. But it seems like a very apt. assessment of the week, I would imagine for many.

Yesterday was an exciting day for shows- lots of my favorites were on deck. Was so excited to discover a designer I had never come across, Koi Suwannagate. Perusing her collection on style.com, although a bit grating with her butterfly inspiration, had some beautiful and soft silhouettes that made me really want an ethereal wardrobe of white and silk. Definitely pieces that a humid day like yesterday could have been tempered by.

No comments: