Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Everybody needs a Rest


...sometimes...

So I took one. What an incredible month I've had dieters. I'm actually very happy to be back in NYC- gearing up for fashion week- and strategizing all the exciting purchases I am hoping to make.

I hope the live journaling during my trip wasn't a complete snooze for you. It was a one time necessity and I promise not to indulge in such nonsense again.

Back to business-
Fashionindie.com is hosting an event called "Brooklyn Fashion Week" which I think is supposed to kick off on September 3rd. While I was initially under the impression that the event would be taking place in Brooklyn exclusively, with the borough's talented wunderkinds showing off their spring collections, it seems the shows will be held on the island of Manhattan, but giving voice to some talented designers without the gift of Mercedes Benz tents.

I like the idea- but would LOVE it if it was in Brooklyn exclusively. It kind of feels like a long overdue War of the Worlds that way, doesn't it?

Besides, it would be really nice to give Brooklyn the homage it deserves as many designers get their start out there anyway. Alas, I hope that you all find a way to show some support for the featured designers (Love Brigade, Harriet's Alter Ego and Sheila Frank) and perhaps make it to many of the boutiques hosting trunk shows during the week.

Check out the whole Calendar of Events here:
http://fashionindie.com/brooklyn/category/calendar-of-events/

No comments: