Wednesday, August 6, 2008

For Those Who Don't Care



Enough live journal- let's talk fashion France style ;)
What have I been seeing lots of? Well harem pants, of course. I love the fact that most chic parisian women seem to forgo denim for smartly tailored pants, this season they're higher waisted, slouchy and cuffed at the ankle. Lots of blazers on the first cool days we were here and once it warmed up, dresses ONLY. Lovely, feminine, and soft flouncy dresses. A few fedoras...

In stock for fall are copious amounts of shaggy sweater vests, knee length and cropped. Knobby and cozy in a really yeti meets Sienna Miller kind of way. And lots of tuxedo pants. Smart black pants have never enticed me more.

Nary a logoed handbag in sight and any time I have inquired about where a bag was purchased from one of the chic girls that I found myself in the company of I have received elusive answers like "Mallorca," "Corsica," etc...

Yes it makes me want to mutter expletives under my breath too.

Now I am in Aix so we'll have to see what hot hot summer fashion is happening in the countryside.

As always, above is my undying love in a homage to french line, Maje. Their fall offerings are to die for.

No comments: