Monday, August 4, 2008

Alive and Well


Hi dailies...
SLACKER is back. Its kind of frightening when bloggers go Missing I find. Apologies for putting you through that but I am in Paris and a shoddy internet connection does not lend itself to blogging. There is a certain amount of relief actually in not checking my email every 10 minutes but it also means I miss telling you about my trip.
Needless to say, its been lovely.
First day we had a dinner party with the partner that L is opening his restaurant with. The apartment L and C bought is amazing and very condusive to cooking and eating which we have done so much of here.
Next day I found my paraboot shoes and love them just as much as I did in pictures when we first met long ago on the daily diet. And that night we went to a restaurant with friends of L and C who own a restaurant called The Office. The chef is a disciple of Jamie Oliver and made us a 4 course meal of mushroom shrimp soup, tomato compote with fresh mozzarella and basil, dorado with lemongrass foam, and homemade wild rose ice cream with sour peaches for dessert. Truly amazing.

This meal ended around 2 AM after consumming about 2 bottles of wine each and copious amounts of champagne. AND AT 12 THE NEXT DAY I WAS KICKBOXING!
dont ask. its a long story without any rational reasoning. something that people do hung over here apparently...

And today we were up early, perusing the bon marche and picnicking under the eiffel tower. Pictures to come soon. I miss the daily diet. its a tough separation for me.
Will do my best to provide more tomorrow. and pics. blast these boring words words words.

1 comment:

n. said...

Wild Rose ice cream!! Oh how it makes me salivate.
Can you put some in your bag and bring it back to NY!