Saturday, February 2, 2008

2.2.08

Ah NY Fashion Week! No less than thrilling- am I the only one who feels this way? Clearly the bliss will ware off. I'd approximate in about 2 days. When it starts to become clear that God will not make an appearance and you're hung over and tired, barely able to remember a dress that was right in front of you a mere two hours before. All romanticizing aside, this is the PERFECT week to launch the dailydiet- which has been in the mental works for quite some time now.
Narrowing down a focus for the "premiere post" has been such a dreadful experience and has included lots of extra bowls of cereal, comatose channel surfing and unnecessary trips to style.com and itunes.

It's overcast in NY today and not chilly enough to feel OK about sipping cappuccinos all morning under the covers. Therefore, I am taking the plunge.

WTF with Sue Stemp's collection yesterday?
This is something I feel the need to discuss. First, before this sounds like my very first entry is a smack down- I love Sue Stemp (in terms of her blog, her style, HER) However, what I am seeing happening lately, is that collections are being shown by young designers that portray more of an image than a collection. Though the models are perfectly styled and a pleasure to look at, I pay little attention to what they are actually wearing. Granted this is what makes Fashion so interesting- being able to create a life style with clothing. But if I am totally distracted by "the look" doesn't that make you a stylist, more than a designer?

No comments: