Monday, March 17, 2008

La Feminine


Paulo Melim Andersson out; Hannah MacGibbon tapped for role
reports fashion week daily. I have to say that I saw this coming. Chloe needs a woman's touch. But how can someone follow in the footsteps of Phoebe Philo?
Such big shoes to fill.
My hopes are high. And high for Andersson too- although I didn't like what he did for Chloe, he's obviously very talented.
Forgive me as I am dozing off right now. There's a question that has just been ringing in my head lately- all those words that we use to describe collections...
Does modern have to mean severe?
Night time rambling.
Chloe has always been really soft and feminine but I think Phoebe Philo particularly modernized the line. And nothing she did was severe or stark or "modern." maybe I am giving too much weight to a word.
Anyway- I almost think that "modern" is no longer modern. Does that make sense?

No comments: