Sunday, March 23, 2008

A very Peculiar Easter


Re-visiting my blog today was like picking up the phone to call a friend whom I've been so out of touch with that I can't remember if I was the last one to have left a message or was it the other way around? And in this case, do I have an actual legitimate excuse for being so absent or do I have nothing good to show for it? No promotion, no big move, no trips overseas? In New York, slacking means not making productive use of my time out of the office. And yes I am guilty of that. Realty television and I have been making good friends, but so have me and my BF who have been crashing on the couch, eating home cooked food (a novelty in our east village apartment) and spring wardrobe shopping. I am so excited for the impending season- anyone who knows me can easily atest to my undiagnosed SAD.
I have even been known to request aid to get through the end of August because I am anticipating the long months ahead. Not kidding.
SO...
just like the weather changing outside, I am giving my wardrobe a little ringing out. Lord do I have a ton of t-shirts. I don't even wear t-shirts.
But I had this running list of specific pieces I wanted to purchase for the Spring (ok I know you are all aware of one- I haven't brought myself to order them yet for fear of bad sizing)
And the list seemed impossible to actually fill based off my measly cash flow- but I went into Uniqlo- a place I frequent a lot but don't often buy from- and I literally picked up 3 of the items on my list for less than $150. And they are beautiful! I was shocked as I stood in my little dressing room admiring how the pieces were EXACTLY what I wanted at prices that I didn't have to rationlize to death.
What did I buy?

1) A pair of fitted and slightly belled at the bottom, high waisted jeans. Originally I was tempted to shell out $187.00 for jbrands "the doll." I swear these are just as good. For a girl with short legs and a long torso, the high waisted trend forgives- rather than slaughters me.

2) An oversize "boyfriend" black blazer. I saw a picture on the sartorialist when he was covering fashion week of a girl in one that created such a furious desire in me to hunt one down. I had been considering dropping the cash at topshop.com again just because they had what appeared to be a great version. I know everyone is doing these now, but this one is the way it should be done. Linen, one slit in the back, sits right below hip, perfect lining (albeit polyester) to peek out when sleeves are cuffed.

3) An ultra thin deep v-neck white shirt. American Apparel's version looked good on everybody but me. I can't explain why- different strokes...ok ok. you get the picture. Uniqlo works for me people.

What is on your Spring wardrobe list?

No comments: