Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ZAYT


Last Fall I encountered a collection that I am absolutely determined to get more exposure for. It's amazing that it hasn't hit the states yet- but is available online at vivalafrock.com.au. That's all I can find now- and ebay. Melbourne based Therese Moran started the line in 2000 and currently there are 2 Zayt boutiques (which also happen to stock jbrand denim as well) in Melbourne. I think what appeals to me the most about the line is the versatility of the pieces. Like most Aussie labels it seems to have definite 'It Girl' appeal- but these are separates that don't need to be worked into a "look" to work. They are exactly what I am on the hunt for when building my wardrobe- simple pieces that require almost no thought when throwing on and instantly make whatever you are wearing stylish. When I saw the collection, I tried on several pieces from the Spring collection stand outs included the perfectly fitted black pencil skirt, a white cropped, boxy silk shirt, and a ruffled yellow dress that felt lighter than anything I have ever worn before. It truly was the lightest and sweetest dress I have ever put on and it haunts me still. As for now, since I can't find any stateside retailers, I'll continue to cross my fingers that soon they'll be available over here.
www.zayt.com

No comments: