Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday = Wanting


What is it about Tuesdays that make me feel so...bleh? Its position in the week is too obvious to state as a real reason for that blasé feeling I get on Tuesday nights. Sure it's not quite the middle, not the beginning and depressingly far from the end, but that's not really it. It's my sleepy day. The day I really snooze on the alarm- today was a record of 40 minutes.
And it feels so...uneventful.
So I think Tuesday should be my wanting day of the week. The day I highlight the object I am dreaming about in between groggy snoozes.
My apartment is a sorry mix of furniture that has been acquired through numerous unnamed sources- I'll hesitatingly admit that all those sources happen to have been people looking to unload. I dream about having a place that I can work from scratch into an airy, bright and inspiring apartment- decked out with antique wallpaper and beautiful pieces of furniture acquired from my numerous trips around the world (present lifestyle not included). And I would be sure to snatch up one of these lamps from the days of Big Biba and merge the art deco with a feminine, rustic twist. Sigh. $1,800 starting price on ebay. Happy Tuesday.

No comments: