Sunday, March 9, 2008

Project Runway Finale

Christian Siriano won. No surprise there. I can't say I am disappointed nor am I particularly excited about his collection. Honestly, I can't say any of the designers blew me away this season and all you hear about is "The caliber of these designers was EXTREMELY high this season." While I agree with the fact that their technical skills were impressive, I wasn't very moved by the designs. Christian's collection was good and there were a couple of looks that were really amazing to me- the first, second and the one with the big white collar- but all in all, I never got the sense that I was seeing something on par with what I want to see right now. What I can say however, is that I think Christian, being so young, has incredible potential and more longevity than any of the other past winners. Is it just the march blahs- or was anyone else disengaged this season?

No comments: