Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Had Fun


I really did consumers. And actually, once I realized that I wasn't going to be standing in the corner, nursing a drink, pretending to be fascinated by the art but really just self conscious that people will notice I had no one to talk to, I actually had a good time...
So that first scenario didn't happen last night. It was a very lovely party with lots of lovely people and I was just fine- thank goodness I have all of you to vent my irrational anxieties to.
The store space is incredible. It's wide open- totally Brooklyn space, or SoHo circa 1995 (but it's actually on Bleeker) and for the evening Maria had a capsule resort collection on display of highlights from her 10 years designing under her namesake + Zero (my favorite was this cropped jacket with dress). I liked seeing the clothes on dress forms and then seeing them frolic amongst the crowd. It's amazing to see the translation of an idea (or in this case, what looked like a sculpture) onto a person at a party. It's lovely to see them together.
And Maria's husband is a photographer whose work adorned the walls. Quite beautiful. I really got the impression that his wife is his muse.
So I breathed a sigh of relief and left the party before being there for an unfashionably long time, only to brush shoulders with David Byrne who actually looked slightly uncomfortable, and had I not felt I was pushing the limits of my welcome (typical ny neurosis, no??) I would have maybe chatted. Alas...what could have been.

No comments: