Friday, June 6, 2008

New Bag Smell...


Ahhh...breathing deeply consumers and admiring the lush, buttery leather of my brand new bag. I have to come clean with you before I gush. For the past 3 years I have been toting a bag that has seen me through quite a few fashion successes and fashion failures. And although I loved the bag upon my initial purchase, (and still hold a nostalgic place for it in my heart being that it was one of my very first investment accessories) in the past year and a half, it had run it's course. It was begging me to be retired. More than that, every girl that passed me on the lower east side was inundating me with it- in all sorts of new colors and sizes and shapes...Everywhere I turned, there it was screaming at me "NOW'S THE TIME TO LET ME REST!!!" Yes my name is Olivia and I own the Anna Corinna City Tote (black).
But I'm a black bag addict, lovingly eyeing other shades in the store fronts, but when it comes to my daily wares, black is what I gravitate towards.
And now- I have a new constant companion. Her name is Samantha and she is by the line Ananas. A while back I had written a touch about this company, whom I adore...and never posted it.
I think it is time for me to resurrect my musings and give the company some love (at least attempt for it to be comparable to the love I have for Samantha)

You can deduce a lot from the name of Maryland native, Jennifer Baum Lagdameo’s best selling handbag line, Ananas. First, chosing the scientific binomial for Pineapple, to name a line of bags has a certain reverence for nature in the most intellectual sense. Second, the playful sound of a word with equal parts vowels and consonants implies a real appreciation for fun- refreshing in an industry known for taking itself quite seriously. This is not to say that Jennifer Lagdameo doesn’t have serious ambitions or the line is for the young. Quite the opposite in fact. Just like the roots of the word the line is named after, Jennifer offers a good dose of sophistication and intellect but all while having a bit of fun. In other words, this is the thinking girl’s handbag.

www.ananascollection.com y'all

No comments: