Monday, June 2, 2008

Odin on 11th Street


I have passed this store so many times it is utterly ridiculous that yesterday was the first time I enterred Odin- a super cool, kind of dungeon-y cave/boutique on 11th street. Also owned by Odin is the storefront adjacent in which they feature a new designer monthly for a pop up store. Although I often stop in at the start of each month over there, the strictly men's wear stock at Odin has kept me away. But having the bf with me yesterday while loitering around the L train, gave me a good excuse (I know it's ok to shop in men's stores but sometimes little boutiques intimidate me. I can't help it)
This store is effing great consumers. It stocks many designers I had never heard of, and if the adage of "the shoes make the man" holds true, the Odin boy is made well. Lines range from Rag and Bone, Trovata and Cheap Monday to much lesser known European imports. Once you make your way past the clothes and fake patches of grass and deer, you find a dimly lit glass case of what I would deem, the largest selection of Comme Des Garcons wallets in the city. At the very back you find an amazing library of unisex fragrances which I decided to affixiate myself with for about 20 minutes- thrilled to have found some great new options (I am on the hunt for a fragrance).
They also stock old school cameras and gifty types of housewares as well as awesome, manly jewelry which should be worn exclusively by women (just sayin').
I had so much fun, that I think I can perhaps call this place a new destination.
Odin
328 E. 11th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue.

No comments: