Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mayle on the Cheap



I saw a lovely Mayle employee sporting this amazing jumpsuit (first item pictured) last time I was there, and have subsequently been searching around for one that wouldn't cost me a pretty $600.00. Quite shockingly, it sold out on lagarconne.com. Not that I don't understand it's appeal- but clearly this is one item that I imagine has a certain "niche market."
A devoted Mayle lover, I am definitely happy about the success of this item. But on a bit more of a budget, I found the piece pictured below at (where else?) topshop.com. It's not as perfect- I'm hesitant about how the sides may fit since the whole piece looks quite tailored throughout the top, which I am wary of in a jumpsuit. I would prefer a loser bust area, that gathers into a slim waist and loosely drapes over the hips and legs. So I'm not quite sure if this would be a wise purchase, or put me out $20.00 (shipping charges)...
But it's a nice thought. My imagination runs wild with fun pieces like these.

No comments: