Monday, May 5, 2008

No I didn't go Out


Tonight and most of the week I ate in (which is often times the way I describe grabbing a slice and/or diners, etc). I basically apply this to any meal not worthy of a description on daily diet. And tonight I REALLY did stay in. I cooked. Well cooked being a relative term. I cooked as much as my abilities realistically allowed me to. I made one of my specialties- sweet potatoes. I LOVE sweet potatoes but particularly love them when I make them. I kind of hate the standard roasted s.p. In my house, here's how it is done:

Boil one large s.p.
Remove from heat when a fork stil maintains some resistance when slicing through the thickest part of the body
Mash with fork
Add Agave
Add Olive Oil
Add course sea salt
Add cinnamin
Eat.

Yes it is that simple. And seriously delicious. I make it whenever I am broke or pressed for time. It's so satisfying especially in the winter when it's cold and you want hearty love but no BF around. I'm telling you. S.P. delivers.

No comments: