Friday, May 23, 2008

New Footwear


These boots are an extremely new (as in today) addition to my wardrobe. I LOVE them. They are from Eileen Shields' fall '07 collection and the fact is, I couldn't possibly imagine a better designed ankle boot. It's cut slightly contoured and goes up in the front, giving it a slight amount of gathering at the part of your foot that meets the leg. It has a hidden platform and a thick heel to make it a perfect day/work shoe.
You must see it on.
Now I have to figure out what to wear them with. I think what's most alluring about these is the fact that I would never imagine myself wearing nude colored boots. It's a totally unfamiliar territory for me, as I've stuck exclusively to the tried and true black and brown in the past. But the beauty is that it is forcing me to try a totally new kind of look to work them. I'm thinking a kind of francophile/mod thing like some faded blue skinnies and a boat neck striped shirt. Also could try a plain black sheath...
Or perhaps a light colored pencil skirt and bare legs.
Any suggestions are most welcome.
My favorite thing about new shoes is trying something you would never normally buy and then re-assesing your old wardrobe habits. The designer, Eileen, has a wonderful quote that has always stuck with me (not verbatim but for effect I'll use quotes) "You buy a pair of shoes and they feel too wild, or too much. Slowly they start making their way into your wardrobe and either tame you or bring you to life."
Such a poor rendition- but I do love the idea.

No comments: