Sunday, April 13, 2008

Paraboot Shoes



This 100 year old company has offered up the best version of my white brogue dream shoe yet.
The quality is amazing- the leather and the stitching are all done by hand. The website even includes directions about caring for your shoes and the breakdown of all the shoe's components. And as far as I can tell- many styles retail for under $250.
Love the styles they have available for men too.
The only negative (get ready for this)
They are not sold in the states.
A French company, they have several retailers throughout France, one if London and one in Japan. They do accept orders over email. I would if I actually could trust buying shoes I've never tried- but I don't dare. With a trip to France looming in August, I just hold out for my chance to pick them up at one of their retailers.

1 comment:

SternEdwards said...

Are you sure Paraboots are not available in the USA? Paraboot sells in quite a few high-end shoe stores in the USA. Perhaps they don't carry the specific model of shoe you want, but I've purchased a pair for myself from a Men's store in Harvard Square in Cambridge, Mass. USA.