Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lusting for jane mayle



What I want this Tuesday.
Today was absolutely hot! Despite the fact that this is the worst weather for my hair (it truly does nothing but make it really big and appear really dirty) I am LOVING it! The sounds of birds outside the window during my evening yoga class gave me one of those, "everything's coming up roses" feelings. Silly girl, what is there to be so stressed about? And I quickly hightailed it home to do some spring wishlist shopping. I saw this dress for the first time a while back- it's actually part of mayle's holiday collection. Love the open back detail and the antique print. This is what I mean by the wallpaper I'd like to find- only brighter since we're talking spring, SAD and all...
I am one of those sick people who soak in summer in the city. I relish it- loving those too hot to handle days where your head throbs and the sweat starts piling up right out of the shower. It makes me feel...dare I say...sensual. And I love the no fuss, comfort at all costs mode of dressing. This could just go right on after the shower- hair still dripping and smelling clean and fresh, little beads of sweat trickling onto your top lip and suggesting salt and sunscreen. A pair of nude gladiators or even a pair of .99 cent flip flops could suffice and you're good to go.
And in the evening, you can just waddle home, throw on a pair of heels, lots of bangles and you're ready for a night out. Genius.

No comments: