Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What to wear to a big event...




I am working an event at the end of May that demands a fun and fashion friendly ensemble. However, key word is working which I am so I need to tame the wild animal inside of me that would love to reveal itself in a wonderful OTT outfit. So with that said- I am eyeing black jumpsuits. I feel the cut is unique enough to make me feel outstanding in what will surely be a sea of LBD's. But the color remains somewhat anonymous and not too "Look at me! Take my picture!" As you may notice from the absence of photographs of myself, I don't enjoy being photographed one bit. But I do like to dress to make a statement. A conundrum, no? Please advise psych majors.
Always wished I could compose self-photographs like Susie Bubble. She's a a bit of an idol of mine.
And back to the outfit...
I haven't found the quite right version just yet but here are some options that could work with some tweaking. Ideally I want one with long billowy pants and a deeper neckline in the front that slightly dips in the back. Sleeveless and simple are key. Great shoes (metallic perhaps) and some good jewelry. Of course a man's watch to top it off.
I will be reporting back on the evening so stay tuned and all will be revealed (what I wear, who was there and what 40 versions of an LBD look like in mid-town manhattan).

No comments: